1 a sheltered and secluded place
2 an interior angle formed be two meeting walls; "a piano was in one corner of the room" [syn: corner]
- , /nʊk/, /nUk/
- Rhymes: -ʊk
- A small corner formed
by two walls; an alcove
or recess or ancone.
- There was a small broom for sweeping ash kept in the nook between the fireplace bricks and the wall.
- A hidden or secluded spot.
- The back of the used book shop was one of her favorite nooks; she could read for hours and no one would bother her or pester her to buy.
A small corner formed by two walls
- Finnish: nurkka
- Kurdish: ,
A hidden or secluded spot
Nook may refer to:
- Donna Nook (ship) (1916-1941), a 40 metre, 307 ton trawler, pressed into service as a minesweeper
- Nook (Lexx episode), an episode of the science-fiction TV series, LEXX
- Nook may also refer to a corner, as in a room.
- Nook may also mean a nuclear bomb, but the spelling nuke is to be preferred
- A nook (Latin nocate) is an obsolete land measure being a quarter of a virgate.
- Nook Logan (born 1979), American baseball center fielder who currently plays for the Los Angeles Dodgers organization
- Nook, Cumbria, England
- Acres Nook, a suburb of Kidsgrove in the Borough of Newcastle-under-Lyme, England
- Daisy Nook, a country park in the town of Failsworth, in the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham, Greater Manchester, England
- Donna Nook, a bombing range on the coast of Lincolnshire, England
- Salendine Nook, a district of Huddersfield in the English county of West Yorkshire
- Teddy's Nook, a house built by Henry Pease for his own habitation, on Saltburn by the Sea Bank, Yorkshire, England
- Urlay Nook, a village within the borough of Stockton-on-Tees and the ceremonial county of County Durham, England
- Wall Nook, a small village in County Durham, England
L, alcove, angle, apex, asylum, bay, bend, bifurcation, bight, bolt-hole, cache, cant, carrel, cavity, chevron, coin, concealment, corner, cove, cover, covert, coverture, crack, crank, cranny, crevice, crook, crotchet, cubby, cubbyhole, cubicle, dark corner, deflection, den, dogleg, dugout, elbow, ell, fork, foxhole, funk hole, furcation, hideaway, hideout, hidey hole, hiding, hiding place, hole, hook, inflection, inglenook, knee, lair, nest, niche, opening, oriel, pitchhole, point, quoin, recess, recession, refuge, retreat, roomlet, sanctuary, secret place, snuggery, stash, swerve, undercovert, veer, vertex, zag, zig, zigzag